About the Programme
Patients First: Supporting nurse-led innovation in practice
THIS PROGRAMME IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
Over the past seven years, 80 nurses-led teams and numerous patients and carers have experienced the benefit of Patients First. Supported by the Burdett Trust for Nursing, this annual programme has a proven track record of successful innovations and personal development. At a time when the quality of healthcare and nursing practice is under tremendous scrutiny, Patients First offers teams a fantastic opportunity to show how nurses, midwives and health visitors are leading innovation and championing a practice culture where care is the best it can be.
Over a period of 18 months, the Patients First Programme provides:
- A dedicated experienced Practice Development Facilitator offering direct support in the workplace and via telephone/email
- Six full day learning and development workshops that will bring together the nurse-led teams to explore and enable the development of effective strategies for changing practice and provide opportunities for networking and sharing
- Full access to the FoNS Centre for Nursing Innovation
- Support with report writing, publishing and active dissemination
- A bursary of up to £5000
- Possible accreditation at Level 7, 30 credits, on completion of a reflective assignment through the Canterbury Christ Church University (successful applicants who are interested in this should contact FoNS for further information)
FoNS believes that all patients should experience care that is safe, effective and compassionate. Nurses, midwives and health visitors, as direct care givers, have a key role in identifying with patients, potential areas for improvement. FoNS’ active and ongoing partnership with the Burdett Trust for Nursing has enabled the development of the Patients First Programme to help clinically based nurses, midwives and health visitors to lead local innovations that will develop nurses, nursing and healthcare practice to improve patient care in any health and social care setting across the UK.
As health and social care staff, we all want to be kind and caring and make sure that services are safe and effective. FoNS' Culture Change model, resources and animation can help.
Innovations in practice
Read about how nurse-led teams have made practice changes and improved patient care ... browse the reports in the library
Without any cost to you, you can support FoNS just by shopping online...