About the Programme
Patients First Year 6
The Patients First Programme (Year 6) has now begun. The 11 successful teams attended the first 2 workshops in London on 3rd and 4th December. The Participant Information page of this website contains the powerpoint presentations from the workshop days.
Summary of the programme
Now in its sixth year, the Patients First Programme is an excellent development opportunity for nurse, midwife and health visitor led teams. Supported by the Burdett Trust for Nursing, the programme has a proven track record of successful innovations and personal development, with over 50 teams having participated. As a professional you will no doubt have thought about areas of your practice, and the service where you work, that could be better, more person centred and more effective. But perhaps you don’t know how to solve the problem or feel unsure of what approach to take.
Over a period of 18 months, the Patients First Programme provides:
- A dedicated experienced Practice Development Facilitator offering direct support in the workplace and via telephone/email
- Six full day learning and development workshops that will bring together the nurse-led teams to explore and enable the development of effective strategies for changing practice and provide opportunities for networking and sharing
- Full access to the FoNS Centre for Nursing Innovation
- Support with report writing, publishing and active dissemination
- A bursary of up to £5000
- Possible accreditation at Level 7, 30 credits, on completion of a reflective assignment through the Canterbury Christ Church University (successful applicants who are interested in this should contact FoNS for further information)
Evaluations of the Patients First Programme
University of Worcester Independent Three Year Evaluation Patients First Programme
Evaluation of Year 1
Evaluation of Year 2
Evaluation of Year 3
Evaluation of Year 4
Innovations in practice
Read about how nurse-led teams have made practice changes and improved patient care ... browse the reports in the library
Without any cost to you, you can support FoNS just by shopping online...
FoNS is committed to evaluating the impact of its work with the purpose of informing and improving future activities ...