The FoNS Centre for Nursing Innovation
An exciting virtual space to inspire and enable nurses to lead innovation and change in nursing and healthcare practice to improve patient care.
- Library for project reports, Improvement Insights summaries and the open access International Practice Development Journal
- Common Room for news, events, the topical blog and information about tweet chats
- Programmes for support, learning, facilitation and funding
- Learning Zone for bespoke consultancy, the appraisal toolkit, facilitation services and Associate resources
- About Us for news about how FoNS is working with its partner organisations to enhance nursing and nursing practice
To inspire and enable a culture across health and social care that values people, where patients experience care and services which are the best they can be and staff feel appreciated and supported.
To work in partnership with health and social care organisations to a foster a commitment to person-centredness by valuing staff and enabling them to develop the knowledge, skills and expertise to provide nursing that is safe, effective and caring.
Not receiving news alerts?
Join over 7,000 healthcare professionals who are already Friends and Associates of FoNS, and receive our free and informative, weekly e-newsletter
IPDJ out 13th May 2015
Volume 5 Number 1 of the International Practice Development Journal will be live, online 13th May 2015
Latest Blog - 14th April 2015
Patients First Participant Laura Brewerton talks about their project and her experience of Patients First
PD School 26-30 Oct 2015
FoNS is pleased to announce the October PD school dates. Optional bespoke mentorship and support available.
Find out more >
BMJ partners with FoNS
BMJ, one of the world’s leading medical knowledge providers, is delighted to announce a new partnership with the Foundation of Nursing Studies to help nurses lead innovation and improve practice.